AIT’s Kate McSwain and Garrett Kling offered a full-day seminar to over 30 skaters in Fort Collins, CO this past October. The skaters spent time exploring new body movement on and off the ice through AIT’s curriculum. Take a look at some of the photos of the time below!
AIT is excited to congratulate 10 new Master Choreography Technique graduates over the 2016-17 season.
MCT is an advanced certified training program for coaches. It provides a deep learning experience in the process of TIME, SPACE, ENERGY, and FORM as it applies to the education of choreography. Whether you are developing high competitive or professional programs these techniques educate you in developing the ART of the sport. This program is intended for both the seasoned professionals and those looking to specialize in a career as a choreographer. Classes held on-line with lectures, demonstrations and choreography homework. Semester runs 18 weeks.
Attached below are the final video projects of each grauate. The fall 2016 MCT graduates include includes Su Jackson Wagner (Knoxville):
The first annual American Contemporary Skating Festival June 8-9 was a rousing success! If you missed out on the action, here are some pictures of the event:
The new year is here! It’s a clean slate to stop procrastinating, get in better shape, and become the person you’ve always wanted to be!
Okay, all of those things we like to tell ourselves and then by mid-year we fall into a hole of self-pity because well, WE DIDN’T DO THEM.
But thankfully here at AIT, we’ve provided accessible ways to help those looking for improving their careers as a coach, teacher, choreographer and performer. The Ballet for Figure Skaters online mini-courses
provided by AIT are a wonderful way to do these things. Here are just a few reasons why you should take a course.
- Choose from an extensive variety of subjects. These include “Introduction to Ballet for Figure Skating”, “Introduction to Classical Ballet Pedagogy”, “Music Theory”, and “Choreography Basics”.
- Taught by a master teacher. Annette Thomas has dedicated her life to the art of dance, choreography and pedagogy and has a passion for combining those with figure skating. She is classically trained at Carnegie Hall and the San Juan Ballet Company and tea
ches ballet using the world-renowned Vaganova method.
- In-depth college level classes that don’t dent the budget like a typical university course.
- Individualized lessons in your own home at a time/day which is convenient for you. You set your own schedule with Annette and have the opportunity find the most comfortable place to take class over your own personal electronic device.
- Each mini-course earns AIT credits towards full “Ballet for Figure Skaters” teaching certification.
Check out this link for more information on finding the right class for you and how to sign up. You can email Annette at firstname.lastname@example.org for further questions. Happy New Year!