Intensive Summer Figure Skating Training Camp
Thursday-Saturday, July 18-20, 2019
For all skating levels, ages 5 & up.
Core Body | Core Self | Core Choreo
CORE Camp is an intensive summer training camp for figure skaters in all disciplines, any level, ages 5 and up.
This summer 2019 ice skating mini training camp will help skaters develop the “Mind-Body-Movement Connection” with on- and off-ice classes.
CORE Camp Dates/Location
- July 18-20, 2019
- RecPlex Ice Arena in Pleasant Prairie, Wisconsin, about 45 minutes north of Chicago. Rink Address: 9900 Terwall Terrace,
CORE Camp Faculty
Directed by PSA Master-Rated and AIT-Certified choreographers, CORE Camp also features top-notch faculty, including nationally- and internationally-recognized coaches and choreographers:
- Garrett Kling, AIT Co-Executive Director / PSA Master-Rated & AIT-Certified Choreographer
- Kate McSwain, AIT Co-Executive Director / PSA Master-Rated & AIT-Certified Choreographer
- Sean Marshinski, National-Level Technical & Skating Skills Coach
- Drew Meekins, International-Level Coach & Choreographer
- John Mucko, PSA Master-Rated & AIT-Certified Choreographer
- Molly Olson Poniatowski, AIT-Certified Choreographer
- Carey Tinkelenberg, National-level Master-Rated Coach
- Annette Thomas, Director of Ballet for Figure Skaters
- Cordero Zuckerman, International-level Choreographer & Performer
CORE Camp Curriculum & Schedule
The daily camp schedule runs from 8 am – 4 pm each day, with an option to extend your day by adding private on- or off-ice instruction with our nationally- and internationally-recognized coaches and choreographers.
Campers will be separated into 3 groups based on skating level and age. Each group will rotate through on- and off-ice classes including:
- on-ice classes to develop skating skills, including stroking, power, turns and edges, footwork, contemporary skating tools, improvisation techniques, and choreography; plus
- off-ice classes including hip hop, modern dance, ballet, yoga, mindfulness, and breath work.
The final day of CORE camp will feature a skating showcase from 3:30-4:00 pm for skaters to perform a final artistic ensemble to demonstrate the concepts learned. The showcase also offers a platform for emerging choreographers to display their work. Select skaters may be invited to perform in an additional number choreographed by these young choreographers. Guest artists will be announced closer to the camp date!
CORE Camp Tuition & Fees
Camp registration fees are:
- For camp skaters:
- Early bird registration: $250 by March 31.
- Regular registration: $300 by May 1.
- Late registration: $400 until July 15.
- For coaches and choreographers:
- Discounted tuition rate: $25/day for coaches and choreographers.
- Free tuition for coaches who bring 4 or more skaters!
Can’t attend the full camp? Daily rate is $125/day.
Registration fees cover on- and off-ice class tuition only. Room and board is not included. Option to add lunch at the rink each day for a small additional fee, and/or to sign up for private instruction.
Optional Private Lessons at CORE Camp
During online camp registration, under “Practice Ice,” you may advance purchase two 30-minute private lessons for just $120. Note:
- Instructor requests will be honored on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Requests for the type of private lesson (i.e. skating skills, choreography, Moves In the Field, off-ice yoga, etc.) are available during registration as well.
- After May 1, additional private lessons may be available for purchase at $120/hour.
- Private lessons requested at the event (not purchased in advance) will only be scheduled as available, at $150/hr.
Travel & Accommodations for CORE Camp
Transport to RecPlex Ice Arena in Pleasant Prairie, WI: Airports serving this area include:
- Chicago O’Hare (ORD) – 45 minutes
- Milwaukee (MKE) – 35 minutes
- Chicago Midway (MDW) – 90 minutes
Need accommodations? We recommend the Doubletree by Hilton Pleasant Prairie Kenosha, which is just a 5-minute drive to the rink. Special group rates coming soon!
Register Now for CORE Camp 2019
Secure your spot today! Remember, early bird registration ends Sunday, March 31.Register Now